Settling Dust Chambers
The ESPEC EDC dust chambers provide a ready-made solution to common dust test standards for automotive and electronic-cabinet requirements. Often specified for use with "Arizona fine dust", these units can also be used with talcum or concrete powder. The chamber has a "clamshell" type door/lid for easy front-loading, compared with top-loading chambers. Optional reach-in glove ports allow rotating the test sample without opening the door.
Test standards met:
- SAE J575 (Rev. NOV2006), Section 4.5
- ISO 20653 (2006-08-15), Section 8.3.1
- DIN 40050, Part 9, IP Codes 5K and 6K, vertical dust flow
- IEC EN 60529 (IEC 529), IP-5 and IP-6, vertical dust flow (with optional underpressure mode)
- IEC EN 60068-2-68 (IEC 68-2-68), LA2, vertical dust flow
Other sizes and capabilities available upon request. Please contact us with your application.